Podcast Studio Guide:
1. Plug in red USB to computer you are using.
2. If using our MacBook: Log in to Podcast Studio mac
3a. Go to Settings-Sound Settings and select Scarlett 18i8 for input and output
3b. If not visible, ensure the red box (Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 is turned on, turn off and on again.
3c. If using PC, go to customer.focusrite.com to download driver for Scarlett 18i8 (if it doesn’t automatically install).
4. Open GarageBand (preffered), or any DAW (Digital Audio Workstation/recording program).
5. Open podcast template or your last recorded file, or create new project.
6. File-Save As
7. Save file copy and name as your new project.
8. Save file to a specific folder on the computer or your external hard drive.
9. In GarageBand, check each track input and make sure it aligns with the microphone number you will be using.
10. Arm the tracks you will be using by clicking the circle record button on each track. It is located on the track header on the left side.
11. Check the levels on the front of the red box. Ideal range is 7 or 8 out of ten, about 3 or 4 o’clock on the dials.
12. Test and make sure the recording program is picking up sound for each track and from each microphone you will be using.
13. Do a test recording and make sure everything sounds how you want it.
14. Record your session
16. To export, go to Share-Export Song To Disk and Save as an MP3